Big USB file permission ISSUE!

luke127

The Ghost
Hi guys. I have a massive issue at the moment. I was at home playing around with my USB's security settings. I deleted this unknown account from the file security permissions and it turns out that the mystery account was my school account! Now I don't have the correct permissions to change the file permissions back to normal and I can't do it at home! Any help?? I will contact my IT department and see if they can change it back.

Ever heard of backing up? I think this is about the third time we told you. Nothing is too little of importance. Before you mess with anything, back it up.

If f I did back it up the file permissions itself were affected meaning that I would have had to re write the files.

I didn't. It's MY USB. Not the schools!! I messed with my schools account permissions ON the USB that is mine!! Anyway I solved this by going onto a friends laptop at school which is not connected to the school server and has admin rights. I took ownership and activated the full control for everyone group. I am now able to access it. I will fix this now as I am at home and can edit the USB permissions freely. Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom