Big Problems Need Lots Of Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNiPeRViRuS

In Runtime
Alright,

My brother bought a Dell Dimension 2400. You the basic stuff, 40GB HDD, 128MB of RAM, intergrated sound and video. But he has a problem and I reinstalled WinXP with the reinstallation CD dell gives. Everything works fine cause I reinstalled the drivers and all except his settings. His screen resolution is set at 640x480. It isnt connected to the net yet and i tried reinstalling the monitor drivers but it doesnt work> I used my other monitor on it and it has the same problem. So it isnt the monitor. I tried going to display properties but it still wont work. Please assist.

If it has on-board graphics, you should have installed the chipset drivers FIRST. Or, if it has a graphics card, you need to install the drivers for it.

monitor .inf files wont help, need to install vid card drivers. if the auto install (if not chipset) is having problems then do it the old way by going into desktop settings, display, advanced, adapter and set to standard PCI graphics adapter VGA, reboot and reinstall the drivers again. also when in the display properties right above the colors what does it say as far as vid card? should say "your vid card on some monitor".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom