Big problem can't reformat

Status
Not open for further replies.

rltwobi17

Beta member
Well I just build my computer at the beginning of this month and just this past week I had a problem. My mouse some how stopped working. There wasn't any way to fix it unless I reformatted. The mouse problem was kind of complicated so don't worry about that... the big problem is that I can't reformat. IÂ’ve tried a few rimes:

First: I did a full format went to sleep when it was at 3% done. Woke up about 8 hours later it was at 30%. I just turned it off.

Second: I did a quick format and that ran though all right until it got to "Installing Windows". It said it had about 35 min. left. I went to work at that time and then I got home 3 hours later and it was in the same spot.

Third: I tried another hard drive, same thing happened

Fourth: same as all the others.

WhatÂ’s up? I know someone who's been working with computer a long time and he's kind of concluded that itÂ’s memory, CPU, or mobo. I'm thinking it's the mobo but I really have no idea.

I have found it best to troubleshoot these type of problems in this order memory--->cpu--->mb.... 70% of the time I have found the problem to be a failing processor

Well you could always go into dos and do a format there...I think the command is...C:format or something like that...research that possibly as well

If you can't reformat it most likly a faulty hard drive

try to get a program and write zero's to the drive then FDISK it with a DOS bootup disk

Call if you need more help

write zeros, fdisk, format reload. also, what kind of HDD?? SATA?

sorry above poster, just realized you wrote the same thing...except is is a SATA drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom