Big Prob I cant figure out !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Info

I have a linux on floppy copy, but it says " Invalid System Disk "

I WANT to put linux on it, but it wont recognize the floppy

also known as a docking station, but with many of the normal PC connections. that way you can install from another PC, just do it via network install of o/s.

Lol i forgot that you did not have a cd-rom, so you will need to install it through some pc that does have a cd-rom. You could also try and slave the laptop hd to another pc and then install the OS.

ther serial connection/parrallel interface, can be used to network the machine to another machine. Then you can use the CDrom from another machine to install from as well. There are a lot of ways to do what you want. Be creative. Search google, and you will find the answer... atleast that is what I had to do once before I knew anything...
does it have USB by chance? I know of some dos USB drivers that are very cool...

Another idea....

If you have or know someone that has a USB Floppy Drive/CD-ROM drive, you could purchase a DB-9 Serial-to-USB converter (est $7). Hook the drive up to the converter on the back of your laptop. This way you should be able to access a CD or Floppy to do your work of FDisking or just reinstalling an OS.

Hope the idea works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom