Which is better AVG or Norton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had major problems with Norton and at this point I recommend that you abandon Norton like a bad nightmare. I was using Norton for three years. The first year the software would not allow download of the latest virus signatures, but I was able to work with the software to get it to do the download. The next year the software was smart enough not to allow me to change the settings in order to get the virus signatures, but I was able to fool it into downlaoding hte virus signatures. The third year was dead on arrival. It was smart enough not to allow me to change the setting and was smart enough to recognize that I was attempting to trick it into downlaoding the signatures. I finally gave up on Norton. I now use Mc Afee and so far is has not let me down. Although PC Magazine tells me that Zone Alarm is the best software for the job.

I would be very interested to here what forum members think is the best internet security suite is. As said above PC Magazine's vote goes to Zone Alarm.

i would have to say that AVG is better, uses WAY less memory.

my parents computer has 60 processes because of norton, stock 19.

my computer has AVG pro right now, and it uses about 28 processes.

i use Avast home edition, and it's free, and i never had problems with it.

norton is good but it uses alot of memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom