Best way for Symantec Ghost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

7amada

Beta member
Dear All,
I'm new in using Symantec Ghost 11, and i have more than 80 identical pc i'm planning to make an image copy for them with all the software needed, updates and drivers.These pcs do not have cd writer drive but for ghosting purpose i can install one via a usb cable just for the one i'm taking the ghost image from it.
any one have an idea how i can make an image copy on cds and then deploy it on all the other pcs :confused: ????.
Thanks alot.

put the ghost image on a hard drive on a computer. Connect the hard drive you want to put the image on to the computer and copy away.

Your best bet is going to be reading the manual.

Home & Home Office - Symantec Corp.

Either that or contacting the Symatec Support. Ghost is pretty straight forward. Ghost the drive burn to CD and when done just label them as they come out. Not much more can really be said.

I'm guessing you don't have these networked, or no way to network them on a wired network? That's how I ghost all my ~200 laptops and PCs here at work.

Whenever i was ghosting lots of pc's at once, i just did a clean install with everything i needed on one machine, then used sysprep and pushed the image via network to a ghost server then used multicast to image 15 or so machines at a time.

Whenever i was ghosting lots of pc's at once, i just did a clean install with everything i needed on one machine, then used sysprep and pushed the image via network to a ghost server then used multicast to image 15 or so machines at a time.

can we get a tutorial?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom