Best way to avoid defragmenting the original hardrive with external usb HD-drive??

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxfile84

Solid State Member
Hi, I just bought a very expensive top-notch laptop through our university, vista enterprise etc 9-cell battery and so on. And even though I think the HD is 5400rpm it goes lightningfast, 2gb ram. I got rid of my ordinary deskcomputer. But the needs to dl new tv shows through torrents I couldnt get rid off. I got a 250gb external USB drive. Now to the question. If I install the torrent program on that external drive, will the downloads then not affect my ordinary harddrive since I´ve heard torrents fragment the harddrive up pretty badly. And would it be wise to put firefox on that drive since I surf constantly and all the pictures, texts documents etc fragments the original harddrive? I just want this speed to sustain. And one last question, when I ran sisoft sandra it could only read and write in total 970kb/s which seems low, is it the limit of usb 2.0 or is the harddrive getting old, cause in that case Ill buy a firewire HD and a PCMCIA card with firewire ports.

Any input is highly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance /Nima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom