best virus scanner out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spfd

Daemon Poster
i was curious whats the best virus scan out there?

ive used norton
and housecall (which is free online scan)

but housecall is broken now

so i see it as norton doesnt pick up all the virus/trojans my computer has so what should i do?

pretty much is there a online trojan scanner on the net that i can trust?
because i get the pop up saying do i wanna download something before it does a online scan,
i was curious what program you people use

I use AVG7 and before that AVG6 Free Edition. Its always been pretty reliable for me.

well me personally, never like norton, I have repaired more sys with norton on it,I use McAfee, I use stinger stand alone,,,but thats my opinion, I've heard some good things about avg, but just recently fixed a registrey problem, a friend of mine had, he was using acg, so I guess there are pros and cons about everything.

Symantec

I use symantec corporate. It's the same people that make the Norton line but IMO they did a better job on this one and it's got much more for options. It is made for corporations and such where it would be used by a system administrator so it has less of the graphics and stuff to make it look good and more things you can do with it.

__________im talking about online scanners like trend housecall ect... online virus scanners that are free!!! _______^_^

i use both housecall and Panda as online virus scanners. i assure u that housecall works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom