best P2P FileSharing Program? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-17-2004, 12:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
HONK if you route packets
 
mikesgroovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: MD
Posts: 4,715
Default

bittorrent, edonkey (overnet), mirc and dc++
__________________

mikesgroovin is offline  
Old 05-17-2004, 01:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 83
Default

o dont understand how to use bittorrent
?? lol
__________________

PsychoticBoy is offline  
Old 05-17-2004, 03:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 559
Default Re: best P2P FileSharing Program?

Quote:
Originally posted by PsychoticBoy
iv got kazaa, imesh, morpheus, warez, and Win MX
I think there all "CRAP"

morpheus would be excelent if half the time it didnt halt the downloads (or is that just me i can never seem to download out of it)

and i hate the search facility on IMESH although it has OKish transfer rates (well on my comp n e way)

and im not going to even mention warez+win mx!

kazaa is just about the best out of them all


does n e 1 know any GOOD p2p clients/File Transfering Programs ANYTHING BEFORE I PULL MY HAIR OUT!!!

iv heard something about a program which had a "cat" that tells you when your files donloaded, or is this just simple bull?!
I myself use:
www.shareaza.com (In my opinion is extreamly good, it uses the Gunella 2 network.)

I also use dc++. Also good, esp if you are having trouble finding something on another p2p program.
ChaosBlizzard is offline  
Old 05-17-2004, 09:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 79
Default

even though i use KaZaA for music, i just gotta say....it sux. Theres so many viruses floating around the files i download. I prefer P2P programs where the files are at least regulated and prescanned....like most mIRC channels

o yea....its kinda redundant mentioning morpheous and kazaa....its basically the same thing.
oblivion is offline  
Old 05-17-2004, 10:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by PsychoticBoy
cool that news one sounds good im on ntl broadband so what should i download, im looking for games yeh, i really want microsoft train sim cos i got 200 trains in a zip for it (dont ask lol)id go out and buy it but i have no mony (im a student lol) do you know best place to get it?

i have a good feeling Xnews would work for you. The only tricky part about using this program is the set up process. Then after that, loading the headers take a while......and you better have a good amount of ram....cause it uses up a lot of rescources.


If you get the program and need more help, PM me
oblivion is offline  
Old 05-17-2004, 11:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 559
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by oblivion
even though i use KaZaA for music, i just gotta say....it sux. Theres so many viruses floating around the files i download. I prefer P2P programs where the files are at least regulated and prescanned....like most mIRC channels

o yea....its kinda redundant mentioning morpheous and kazaa....its basically the same thing.
Morpheus uses the Gunella network, Kazaa uses the fastrack network.. Different technologies....
ChaosBlizzard is offline  
Old 05-18-2004, 09:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ChaosBlizzard
Morpheus uses the Gunella network, Kazaa uses the fastrack network.. Different technologies....
Well, whoever programmed either....did a bit of copying. Or somethings whack with both of em. Cause when i open KaZaA, morpheus sometimes opens...and vise versa. And its amazing how both look so "different"
oblivion is offline  
Old 05-18-2004, 09:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 268
Default Re: best P2P FileSharing Program?

Quote:
Originally posted by PsychoticBoy
iv got kazaa, imesh, morpheus, warez, and Win MX
I think there all "CRAP"

morpheus would be excelent if half the time it didnt halt the downloads (or is that just me i can never seem to download out of it)

and i hate the search facility on IMESH although it has OKish transfer rates (well on my comp n e way)

and im not going to even mention warez+win mx!

kazaa is just about the best out of them all


does n e 1 know any GOOD p2p clients/File Transfering Programs ANYTHING BEFORE I PULL MY HAIR OUT!!!

iv heard something about a program which had a "cat" that tells you when your files donloaded, or is this just simple bull?!

I like WinMX because it does not attach any spyware. And its nice and quick format. I thikn its great for getting music but not really that good at all for video.
NanoWarrior is offline  
Old 05-18-2004, 10:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 559
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by oblivion
Well, whoever programmed either....did a bit of copying. Or somethings whack with both of em. Cause when i open KaZaA, morpheus sometimes opens...and vise versa. And its amazing how both look so "different"
Morpheus use to use the fastract network, until sherman networks put a stop to that. So hence they started out the same, and now they use completely diffrent networks. BTW- Sounds like your system has shortcut errors, possible cross-linked files/shortcuts. I would run something like norton system doctor to find the problem.
ChaosBlizzard is offline  
Old 05-19-2004, 12:00 AM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 79
Default

nah, nothing like that. Its just that you cant open morpheus and KaZaA at the same time
__________________

oblivion is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.