best P2P FileSharing Program? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 12:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
HONK if you route packets

bittorrent, edonkey (overnet), mirc and dc++

Old 05-17-2004, 01:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Techie

o dont understand how to use bittorrent
?? lol

Old 05-17-2004, 03:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Default Re: best P2P FileSharing Program?

Quote:
Originally posted by PsychoticBoy
iv got kazaa, imesh, morpheus, warez, and Win MX
I think there all "CRAP"

morpheus would be excelent if half the time it didnt halt the downloads (or is that just me i can never seem to download out of it)

and i hate the search facility on IMESH although it has OKish transfer rates (well on my comp n e way)

and im not going to even mention warez+win mx!

kazaa is just about the best out of them all

does n e 1 know any GOOD p2p clients/File Transfering Programs ANYTHING BEFORE I PULL MY HAIR OUT!!!

iv heard something about a program which had a "cat" that tells you when your files donloaded, or is this just simple bull?!
I myself use:
www.shareaza.com (In my opinion is extreamly good, it uses the Gunella 2 network.)

I also use dc++. Also good, esp if you are having trouble finding something on another p2p program.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Techie

even though i use KaZaA for music, i just gotta say....it sux. Theres so many viruses floating around the files i download. I prefer P2P programs where the files are at least regulated and prescanned....like most mIRC channels

o yea....its kinda redundant mentioning morpheous and kazaa....its basically the same thing.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
cool that news one sounds good im on ntl broadband so what should i download, im looking for games yeh, i really want microsoft train sim cos i got 200 trains in a zip for it (dont ask lol)id go out and buy it but i have no mony (im a student lol) do you know best place to get it?

i have a good feeling Xnews would work for you. The only tricky part about using this program is the set up process. Then after that, loading the headers take a while......and you better have a good amount of ram....cause it uses up a lot of rescources.

If you get the program and need more help, PM me
Old 05-17-2004, 11:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by oblivion
even though i use KaZaA for music, i just gotta say....it sux. Theres so many viruses floating around the files i download. I prefer P2P programs where the files are at least regulated and prescanned....like most mIRC channels

o yea....its kinda redundant mentioning morpheous and kazaa....its basically the same thing.
Morpheus uses the Gunella network, Kazaa uses the fastrack network.. Different technologies....
Old 05-18-2004, 09:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by ChaosBlizzard
Morpheus uses the Gunella network, Kazaa uses the fastrack network.. Different technologies....
Well, whoever programmed either....did a bit of copying. Or somethings whack with both of em. Cause when i open KaZaA, morpheus sometimes opens...and vise versa. And its amazing how both look so "different"
Old 05-18-2004, 09:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Super Techie

Default Re: best P2P FileSharing Program?

Quote:
iv got kazaa, imesh, morpheus, warez, and Win MX
I think there all "CRAP"

morpheus would be excelent if half the time it didnt halt the downloads (or is that just me i can never seem to download out of it)

and i hate the search facility on IMESH although it has OKish transfer rates (well on my comp n e way)

and im not going to even mention warez+win mx!

kazaa is just about the best out of them all

does n e 1 know any GOOD p2p clients/File Transfering Programs ANYTHING BEFORE I PULL MY HAIR OUT!!!

iv heard something about a program which had a "cat" that tells you when your files donloaded, or is this just simple bull?!

I like WinMX because it does not attach any spyware. And its nice and quick format. I thikn its great for getting music but not really that good at all for video.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by oblivion
Well, whoever programmed either....did a bit of copying. Or somethings whack with both of em. Cause when i open KaZaA, morpheus sometimes opens...and vise versa. And its amazing how both look so "different"
Morpheus use to use the fastract network, until sherman networks put a stop to that. So hence they started out the same, and now they use completely diffrent networks. BTW- Sounds like your system has shortcut errors, possible cross-linked files/shortcuts. I would run something like norton system doctor to find the problem.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:00 AM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Techie

nah, nothing like that. Its just that you cant open morpheus and KaZaA at the same time

Closed Thread