The Best Operating system!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercenary88

Solid State Member
Hello, I had just built a new computer but with no operating system yet. I was wondering what is the best operating system for now. I have Win 95, Win 98, Win 2000 Pro, Win XP Pro, and Win 2003. I was going to try the Win 2003 but I heard negative reviews before in the past. I also hear that Win 2000 is pretty stable. So any oppinion will be good and it helps me a lot! Tell me what you think isthe best operating system in those selections!

Specs:
120 GB Hard drive
Athlon XP 2600
512 DDR RAM
Geforce FX 5600
ASUS Motherboard A7N8X
DVD+_RW
CD-ROM

thanks, anything will help!

Shucks......depends on what you want it for. I would say XP Pro for most, Red Hat Linux if your curious, Windows 2003 or Longhorn (Build 4059) if you're bold. Windows 9x will only piss you off and Windows 2000 if great, but not too great for gaming.

-Michael

I think WinXP.
But you should use 2 OS (example 98 & XP) because many programs can't run on WinXP. It's very unpleasant. :angry:

I like XP its more modern in its appearance and easier to use BUT not great for games particularly older ones. So if you you have games you like which work on a particular OS why not have that too.
Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom