Best Media Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
What is the best media player to play divx-compressed files? I would nominate VLC but if there is something better that has more options or plays the files faster then let me know!

offtopic response...

to your "this is sparta"

I was on a forum for something I forget, maybe emu stuff. The forum seemed to have a lot of 300 gimmicks. Someone made a banner/avatar playing the scene from 300 in which he says "This is Sparta!" Slowed down a bit...no sound, but with text over replacing it with "Red sauce on Pasta!" Surprising, because of how he speaks, it matches exactly! hilarious

ultimate off topic'ness ;)

I use The Core Media Player for my movies, and it suits me fine. The advantage of VLC is that it can play most video formats without the need for codecs, where as most other media players require these codecs.

Why do you want to play them faster, anyway? Trying to fit more anime into your day?

The most bare bones and compatible I've found is Media Player Classic. No frills and no problems with any codec, granted you have the right ones.
Media Player Classic v6.4.9.0 (open source)

Edit: There is also a really good codec pack out there, I'll post it when I get home cause I forget what it is off the top of my head, but it is definitly the most stable and complete I have ever found. Put these two together and you can basically play anything with no problems.

offtopic response...

to your "this is sparta"

I was on a forum for something I forget, maybe emu stuff. The forum seemed to have a lot of 300 gimmicks. Someone made a banner/avatar playing the scene from 300 in which he says "This is Sparta!" Slowed down a bit...no sound, but with text over replacing it with "Red sauce on Pasta!" Surprising, because of how he speaks, it matches exactly! hilarious

ultimate off topic'ness ;)

another useless post count by the useless poster. why don't you help somebody for once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom