Best Free Spyware Killer? / IE Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan DeVille said:
I've gotten a virus warning from Avast! while using Firefox, so it's not 100% safe. You should still have some type of anti-virus and anti-spy/adware.

Yeah it is called javascript. You always at risk of getting them. That is why you have AntiVirus. Anyways Firefox protects against Spyware not Viruses. Got it?

Alot of idiots have been complaining about how they use Firefox and still get spyware. Well first off, they need to configure it, it just does not do it on its own. Also alot of these people don't understand the concept that some P2P software gives them spyware. By either getting a P2P client, or download a bunch of files laced with spyware, but because of their stupidity they think it was all FireFox.

And then after they give firefox bad talk, people go out and get alot of un-needed programs.

uzi9mm said:
Yeah it is called javascript. You always at risk of getting them. That is why you have AntiVirus. Anyways Firefox protects against Spyware not Viruses. Got it?

Alot of idiots have been complaining about how they use Firefox and still get spyware. Well first off, they need to configure it, it just does not do it on its own. Also alot of these people don't understand the concept that some P2P software gives them spyware. By either getting a P2P client, or download a bunch of files laced with spyware, but because of their stupidity they think it was all FireFox.

And then after they give firefox bad talk, people go out and get alot of un-needed programs.

All I was trying to say is that just using Firefox without anti-virus or anti-spy & adware is not 100% safe, as I encountered a virus using Firefox. I'm not knocking Firefox because I use it all the time. You said you don't need anything BUT Firefox, and you are wrong. And why would you have to "configure" a freakin' browser to stop spyware. It should do it automatically if it's so superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom