Best Free Spyware Killer? / IE Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hewhohasissues

In Runtime
1/ I downloaded a free spyware killer and what aload of crap it turned out to be, now I'm being swamped with spyware, pop ups, toolbars and the lot! Of which I didn't have before so I've had to uninstall it, does anyone know a decent free spyware killer?

2/ Is there a way to completely get rid of internet explorer? I use firefox and I'm annoyed everytime I access my emails via msn messenger it goes through IE and I get pop ups etc.

macdude425 said:
Spybot Search & Destroy is the best spyware program IMHO.

Correct please D/L the 1.1.3TX version

I wouldn't get rid of IE cause then you can't do your windows update crap (doesn't work in mozilla) you'll phically have to click mozilla and go in that way

Jake

You cant uninstall Internet Explorer. I believe it is mingled together with Windows Explorer, and you definitely cant remove that.

I personally use and recommend the following:

AVG Virus Scanner (free)
Spybot S&D (free)
Ad-Aware (free)
ZoneAlarm (free)

You've been here for a while, so you might know about the big list of free software downloads. Otherwise, search TF or Google.

uzi9mm said:
Why do you people get 8 programs to solve your problems when you can get 1..... FIREFOX!!!!!

"you people"??? "8 programs" forgive us We didn't mean to offend you and it's 2 vprograms not 8!

Firefox decreases alot of it, however you still get cookies and a some of spyware programs, but not as many as IE

Jake

uzi9mm said:
Why do you people get 8 programs to solve your problems when you can get 1..... FIREFOX!!!!!

I've gotten a virus warning from Avast! while using Firefox, so it's not 100% safe. You should still have some type of anti-virus and anti-spy/adware.

Dan DeVille said:
I've gotten a virus warning from Avast! while using Firefox, so it's not 100% safe. You should still have some type of anti-virus and anti-spy/adware.

You cant tell FF users that, FF is unstoppable to them....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom