Best free or cheap firewall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShortThrow

Baseband Member
I saw the four recommended ones in the sticky, but that might be a bit outdated?

What are your opinions on the best FREE firewalls?

*************************** CHEAP******?

Some guy keeps threatening to "Packet Bomb" my computer? So I'm looking into some extra protection. Right now I only have the Sygate one and it works well, but I'm just seeing if there is anything else I should do.

Thanks!

If you're using Windows XP, the firewall included is great.

But a good free alternative is Zone Alarm. Also check my signature for a few freebies.

Zone Alarm..

Last time I read, it's much better than the Windows Firewall. I am not a walking encyclopedia or feature differences between different products, so can't give u the details :p.

Google I am presuming will know the exact differences...

dude just get people to name the best firewall/anti virus regardless of price and download the torrent with the crack!i do it almost every time!its easy btw i can send u norton anti virus 2007 or mcafee 2007 if u want(registered and working)

keyser09 said:
dude just get people to name the best firewall/anti virus regardless of price and download the torrent with the crack!i do it almost every time!its easy btw i can send u norton anti virus 2007 or mcafee 2007 if u want(registered and working)

*clears throat*

Talking about illegal warez will get you banned, Mister.

talldude123 said:
If you're using Windows XP, the firewall included is great.

But a good free alternative is Zone Alarm. Also check my signature for a few freebies.

are you nuts? windows firewall is a mess, if your a novice choose comodo, want a few extra features get zonealarm, if you want to no exactly whats going on in more detail get filseclab. Check my sig for the firewall links.

Well you can try this ! it's Comodo Firewall 2.3.6.81 ( Free )

comodopfscreen.gif

Download

Here

* you would have to spent some time to understand it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom