Best Firewall/Spyware/Virus anti programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willeh

In Runtime
Hey,
Can anyone reccomend to me what's the best to download of those 3 categories?
My norton subscription is ending next week, and I was told not to renew it but to download individual products that are far better and gives better protection.
Of course across the net there's stuff like avg, ad-aware, mcafee etc.
I need some reccomendations on what's best.

Thank you.

Avast! or NOD32 is the best AntiVirus.

Zone Alarm or Comodo is the best firewall.

Spyware Windows Defender. Spybot Search and Destroy are among the best.

I will have to agree that Windows Defender is cream of the crop right now. I am DYING for this to come out of BETA so we can launch it on all our PC's at work as a corporate anti-spyware solution. It works out good for us corp people because it will be FREE to current licensed Windows owners. In conjunction I also run spybot S&D 1.4, Ad Aware SE Personal 6, and Spywareblaster 3.5.

As for Virus Scan we use McAfee Antivirus Enterpris 8.0i at work..and I use at home as well I really love the new options it provides.

Software firewalls are for sissys and will just cause you ****..just get a NAT Router, done.

Here is a few:

Regular Spyware Maintenance

Perform this below:

Follow these instructions carefully

Download ALL 10 programs and update if needed.

Ad Aware SE Personal Free

Ad-aware Messenger Service Plugin

Ad-Aware VX2 Cleaner Plugin

Spybot Search and Destroy Free

Windows Defender 2 Beta

HijackThis

Ewido

CCleaner

Cleanup!

Follow these steps

Delete the prefetch folder C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch, this folder will come back on next reboot.

Go to Add/Remove programs and remove any offending programs such was weatherbug, search assistants, etc.

Delete all cookies and temporary internet files in the control panel, Internet Options.

Go to Start, run, type msconfig, go to startup, disable everything except your antivirus, Firewall, click apply, don¡¦t reboot yet.

Download Msconfig Cleanup below

Msconfig Cleanup

Run Msconfig Cleanup after you unchecked the items you were told to uncheck and recheck, click "Select All", then click "Clean up Selected", then click "Quit". Make sure your antivirus and firewall are not checked. If you delete your antivirus and firewall entries, you will need to reinstall them so be sure to check them.

Now run each Spy ware program 1 by 1. Running all 3 at the same time will slow most systems down.

When each program has finished scanning, remove everything.

Now go to the recycle bin and delete everything that is in it.

Then run CCleaner. Make sure you run the Cleaner section of Windows and Applications and then the Registry Cleaner. Make a backup if you wish while running the Registry cleaner when it asks you.

When finished with the scans, reboot, and go into Safe Mode and run these scans again, remove everything they find, and then reboot back into Windows in normal mode.

Then run HiJackthis!

Save the log, copy and paste the log on www.techist.com
Do not attach the log, copy and paste always. This will make things go much faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom