Best DVD Rip Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried handbrake awhile back. The video was really choppy, but since then i have needed to replace my 6 year old dvd drive. So ill def give it another try now that i realize the quality was poor most likely do to a failing odd. or that i'm just not smart enough to figure how to use it right.

Would a bad disc drive effect the quality? I'm assuming so. but idk.

Most definitely a bad drive could affect the quality. Then again, so could bad programming. I'll suggest Magic DVD Ripper, and end it there, as this could be a touchy subject for T-F.

I have tried handbrake awhile back. The video was really choppy, but since then i have needed to replace my 6 year old dvd drive. So ill def give it another try now that i realize the quality was poor most likely do to a failing odd. or that i'm just not smart enough to figure how to use it right.

Would a bad disc drive effect the quality? I'm assuming so. but idk.

A bad cd drive could very well be the case. But again, so would bad programming. You are probably very well off with any of the recommendations that other members have made.

Yes it has been. But for other reasons.
No, it was actually this is exact same reason. It was concerning this thread. You did say in our PM discussion concerning it that you'd be talking about it with Trotter and Larry though, so I presume something came of that.
For the first time i actually go with it and I still get people fighting me on the decision.
I'm not really trying to fight you - in fact I support your decision in going with it. I was just a little perturbed that you were doing exactly what you'd said not to do two years ago. Of course, a lot can change in two years. Thank you for the clarification now, though.

Yes a lot has changed in two years. Back then we didnt have many of the things we do now. Back then we were a lot more strict on such things.

Now we are more lax cause we are doing reviews and some of them concern such software. We have talked about it and with no clear cut ruling, there is no reason not to let it. This is almost lik our stance on NoCD style software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom