Best Defragging Program?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think I had O&O before, but that was on the Seagate that I got with my new computer, which was bad.

I think I'll go with Defraggler.

And does Vista have one? If so, I guess Defraggler is better?

EDIT: Thanks guys!

Yes Vista has a built in active defrag program. It will defrag your hard drive once it hits a certain fragmentation %.

Set O&O and forget it. It will handle the rest. Never had a problem with it. I did with Diskkeeper, though.

+1 for Diskeeper, runs really well in automatic, nice GUI among other useful features.

I just let vista take care of it for me, every night at midnight funny thing is, other programs that defrag complain about how badly fragmented my files are... Honestly, I have fine load times....

Honestly, I have fine load times....

Probably the files that are accessed frequently are not fragmented, hence no difference.
Also, the reason why the other defraggers complain about fragmented files while Vista does not, is because (by default) vista ignores fragments larger than 64MB. :)

I use Diskeeper 2009 Pro as my defragger- on XP. Not free, but I like it's features and performance.

Just used several different programs, all report less than 1% fragmentation.... So... I have a feeling that Vista does do a very good job as long as you really let it do de-fragmentation daily or weekly...

Not sure if something has changed between pre-sp1 or after sp-1 as this is the first time I have used these with sp1... Before SP1, they complained about fragmentation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom