Best Backup Utility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could give some good reccomendations, but need a tad bit more info. Like is this for home or a work env? and also what do you plan to backup and how much data in GB would you guess?

Well its a home/gaming computer, HDD that i want to back up is 149GB. Im gonna backup games, music, and anime.

Aghh ok..I say for that the best solution is simply purchasing an external hard drive and backing up all your data to it. Or did you want something a little more automated to run on set schedules and such?

Currently this is what I do on my home machine. I have 3X320GB hard drives active on my PC. I have 2X320GB hard drives I use only for backups. I hook them to a enclosure backup the data I deem most important and then put them away for a rainy day. I back up maybe once a month in terms of large data (Movies, Music, etc). I backup all my important important stuff like documents, family pictures and such to a 120GB HD and I also back that up to DVD-R's as a 3rd fail safe. Ive been lazy lately though so I need to do one :)

Win2k has probably given the best solution for backing up an HDD. However if one wan'ts a software solution what would you recommend? I personally love MicroBackup 2000, price is right $0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom