Best Backup Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamloco724

In Runtime
im looking for a good backup software that will backup certain folders i want to be backed up weekly to my 2nd internal drive

things im looking for are ones that are reliable that will back everything up as i schedule it to do so,take up little resources.is reliable in case something needs to be restored,good compression options

ideally i would like to set it up once a week to do the backup and each time override the last one

please give me suggestions

paid or free programs welcomed please if you can also tell me why you pick the one you did

SyncToy. Best one to select only certain folders.

You can create a scheduled task within the build in task scheduler with Windows. It is quick and simple and does everything you want. Yeah maybe an extra step, but for what this offers it is worth it.

You can create a scheduled task within the build in task scheduler with Windows. It is quick and simple and does everything you want. Yeah maybe an extra step, but for what this offers it is worth it.

Interesting...thanks for the info

I'm using Acronis True Image 2011 and am pretty happy with it. It can do all of the normal scheduled file backups, saving previous versions etc like most programs all well as make images of your drives like Ghost. The downside is it's $40.

so i tried to do this but apparently i have a problem with task scheduler i go to find it and it has no icon and it doesnt come up..then i go into services to see what the deal is and i try to start it and it says "could not start the task scheduler service on local computer error 126: the module could not be found"

now ive tried to use acronis and schedule that with there built in scheduler but that doesnt seem to start im thinking it might rely on the windows scheduler in some way

anyone know how to fix this problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom