Before i even start trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atech66

In Runtime
OK i have a question I would like to maximize workspace in my home office.
I am currently running two seperate systems with XP pro on my Athlon 64 for work,and Vista 64 on my core i7. both SATA.
is it possible providing i find all the correct drivers for XP 32 pro,
to install that XP drive into my new system with Vista 64 bit on the other drive and choose wich drive to boot from.?
I have dual booted XP and 98se and XP and Linux but on the same drive.
but never thought about this option .. if it is one.
i would like to keep my work on XP 32 totally seperate from my Vista 64 but get rid of this second tower, monitor etc. but have 2 seperately exsisting drives with OS's.
I know when you dual boot from the same drive it was always easier to load the oldest OS first and the newer one would see it and etc etc.
In this case i am totally unfamiliar never tried it.

You can do it, but it would be advisable to do a clean install on the drive that you are moving actoss to make sure that all the drivers are correct.

I have 2 HDs booting seperate OS's and it works fine. But why don't you just have one OS and use the other HD purely as a place to save your work? USe you prmary for you "leisure" documents and all your programs and save all of your work onto the empty other one, saves any bother of dual booting

Another option would be to use a kvm switch which would get rid of the second monitor, keyboard and mouse. You would still have 2 towers but that would keep work and personal computers separate. I know I take more risks with my personal machine than I would with a work machine. That way if you jack up your personal one the work computer is still operational.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom