Beep at Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

techdude25

Baseband Member
I have a Dell machine with Windows XP Pro installed. I get a constant beep when I try to boot. The monitor never turns on, so I dont know what error code its giving. Any suggestions?

sounds like a ram problem too me 1 long beep usuly means no memory try using a different stick of ram see if this helps or at least check the ram is seated in the slot correctly

Yep. Constant beeping is the signal to check out your RAM. Most likley it's not fully seated. If they ARE fully in (you can't see more than a hairline of the teeth) then it's possible they're in the wrong slots. Lastly, it's possible you have bad RAM. Worst case, the mobo's bad.

Oh, and just for your reference, there's a lot of errors that you'll only get a beep for and nothing will come up on the screen. They're called "beep codes," and are a way the mobo manufacturers designed a way for the mobo to tell you what the problem is even when it can't get to the monitor yet. Your mobo manual should have a listing of the beep codes that you can listen for and interpret.

Constant beeping means no RAM or/and no videocard found (Award)

So it could also be you videocard.

Did u change anuthing lately?

ShoobieRat said:
Yep. Constant beeping is the signal to check out your RAM. Most likley it's not fully seated. If they ARE fully in (you can't see more than a hairline of the teeth) then it's possible they're in the wrong slots. Lastly, it's possible you have bad RAM. Worst case, the mobo's bad.

Oh, and just for your reference, there's a lot of errors that you'll only get a beep for and nothing will come up on the screen. They're called "beep codes," and are a way the mobo manufacturers designed a way for the mobo to tell you what the problem is even when it can't get to the monitor yet. Your mobo manual should have a listing of the beep codes that you can listen for and interpret.

I agree

ShoobieRat said:

I agree too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom