Bearshare Spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neglito

Baseband Member
I downloaded the latest Bearshare lite and it still has spyware. Microsoft AntSpyware detected it. How can I remove this?

hmmmmm the spyware program is just programmed to see bareshare as spyware , i wouldnt worry to much about it and ignore it , if you wish to continue useing the program . Spybot doesnt pick up bearshare but i have had other programs like spyware terminator that did say bear share was spyware . Im useing bearshare lite as well , I think its fairly safe , it didnt come with all the extra crapp the other version did .

Also get a good firewall and you can block out bearshare or anything else trying to access the internet , while your not useing it and just allow it when you wish to do some downloading .

RangerXero said:
Also get a good firewall and you can block out bearshare or anything else trying to access the internet , while your not useing it and just allow it when you wish to do some downloading . [/B]

In a case like this, will Bearshare try to re-download any of it's spyware tools if you do not have the firewall in place to deny access?
I do not use Bearshare and am not sure how sneaky it may be, like some other spyware programs that never seem to go away without removal of the source files.

Just curious what you guys think :)

i am a strong user in Bearshare....I have never had any probs after i removed the spyware via spybot s&d. it has a good search engine and have never gotten any damaged files or RIAA tagged media files. No, bearshare has not tried to reinstall the spyware afterward and spybot singles the individual spyware proggies and removes them which they do not have any thing to do with the way bearshare runs.....

what i did was just went into my C drive, found the bearshare folder, and beside the actual bearshare program, i found an icon that said "Save!".... and i just deleted that, no more spyware or adware or anything like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom