batch file to join to domain and run on bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
When I do reimaging for my computers I use WinPE booted over RIS for diskless imaging, The way it's setup after the reimaging it's only joined to a workgroup and not my domain, is there a batch file I can have automatically run on first boot after imaging to join to the domain so i don't have to login to each workstation to join it?

TIA

Can you tell me how you do that?

Also, do you perform a sysprep before you make the image? If so, you ca tell the file to join to a domain with your network credentials.

i don't use sysprep, I bought a ghost cd off of ebay for like 20 bucks and took the ghost32.exe file off of the disc(after installation). I made a WinPE image for RIS, edited the startnet.cmd file(its basically a batch file) to map a network drive to where i store my hard drive images and then with the ghost32.exe in the X drive(the image folder for winpe) i set that to open and then ghost can browse to the mapped drive and pull down or push up an image, because of the way ghost works and the way winpe is setup i have to unjoin the computer from the domain before i push up an image. and that's how i do imaging. I s'pose i could try sysprep again. thanks for replies. I got the system to remove itself form the domain using CLI but i can't join it, keep getting failed to complete successfully and missing RPC server errors.

open the ghost image up with the ghost explorer, import the files into nlite, then modify the domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom