Batch file

Status
Not open for further replies.

steak1986

Baseband Member
I am wirting a batch file and everything is working fine, i just have one question. I am trying to make it so it has as little user intervention as possible. I have made my program so that it intslls silently, so the users dont have to worry about it, then in order to configure the program i have a .reg file that merges with the current directory to give the program the proprer configuration. No when i open the .reg file i can import it just fine, the problem comes when i merge the file it opens a box in xp asking if i truly would like to merge the .reg file. What i want to happen is the program to run and answer, yes on the popup box, so that the program can install and configure the program with no user intervention. Does anyone know a switch that i can use to force it to merge, or answer the pop up box?

/f or -f should be the "force" switch.
Guess it depends on the application.
But yeah, those windows "are you sure" boxes can be pretty annoying.

I agree, they can be annoying. Give this a try and let me know if it works for you. I did try this out on my side first.

Code:
regedit /S test.reg

I made a batch file and put that inside of it, I didn't get any prompts at all, and the info had been added to my registry just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom