Basic Question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sys

Baseband Member
This question i ask for my fren...
my fren also use WinXP but why don have "Stand By" this function.........

i think it's because the operating system does not detect that his computer has advanced power management features. i think his operating system is not recognizing that his computer is ACPI compliant. the fix might be as easy as installing the correct video card drivers.

the monitor can be shut off to save power which is part of the power management feature, that must have something to do with it. did he ever install a new video card?

I never really cared for the stand-by feature. I use to use it long ago but when I came back to my PC and the Monitor was dark I hit the power switch on the box thinking it was turned off. So I was actually turning the PC off. LOL;)

also i should elaborate: if his operating system has reverted to using the default generic video drivers, his power management features will be disabled. ask your friend to check what the driver is listed as in the control panel> system.

Just to add two bits,,

A simple bios update might eradicate the issue of the "Standby" still being an option,,,

many MOBO manufacturers put out updates to meet the needs of ACPI and XP,,

cheers,

i not sure whether my fren computer in APM or ACPI.....if in APM is it don have "standby" mode?then how to make it to ACPI?
let say if in ACPI...is it sure have "standby" function?
and my fren pc is just bought only and he use WinXP as his operatin system......
Thanks...

I never had a use for any of the features. Just turn off the monitor. Leaving it on doesnt draw that much power anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom