Basic optical mouse jumping in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra

Baseband Member
yeah, so once in awhile my microsoft basic optical mouse jumps around... its annoying, especially in games, as it can happen anytime.. whats the problem? i searched on microsofts website and only found articles on that problem related to the intellimouse, but i have just the basic optical one.

edit: also just incase anyones wondering, this happens when i dont even touch the mouse... happens by itself.

I had the same issue, pop it in a different USB socket. Did the trick for me :D

ADZ said:
I had the same issue, pop it in a different USB socket. Did the trick for me :D

i only have 2 usb sockets in the back... what if either one dont work? it must be software related, cuz it didnt do this the first week or so i got the computer.

Have u installed any drivers for the mouse .. if so ..uninstall them n' let the mouse run onthe default Xp drivers

Also ... did u change the surface on which u were using the mouse .. "coz optical mouses have a problem sometimes with sufraces with repeatitive patterns or glass/reflective surfaces

Try adjusting the speed of your mouse. I know mine used to do that, but I slowed down the speed a notch and it did the trick.

Nice bike :p

My intellimouse did the same thing, i reinstalled drivers, switched usb ports... screwed with the movement and accelleration controls, dusted it, tried non reflective mousing surfaces...

Then i just bought a cordless Logitech MX Duo... mouse/keyboard combo an never had a problem since

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom