BarracudaDrive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted it the right section I thought, which was Freeware and Utilities...when I posted a new topic instead of reply, it got sent here, but it'll still work.

I think it neat too.

you should post a tutorial on this. setting up FTP is a pain and I haven't got it right yet.

If you have a high speed internet connection at home, you can use the BarracudaDrive web file manager to securely copy files to and from your home computer from any remote computer that has internet access. Remotely operating the BarracudaDrive web file manager is easier if you have a static IP address, or you use a service such as No-IP. BarracudaDrive comes with an integrated 1024-bits SSL certificate.

BarracudaDrive.jpg

BarracudaDrive is a small web server for Microsoft Windows (450 Kbytes). You download and install the executable in any directory on your hard drive. To uninstall, simply delete the executable and the two XML files created by the executable.

Download the zip file or self extracting ZIP file.
Start the self extracting ZIP file and unzip the content to a location on your hard drive.
Start the unziped file BarracudaDrive.exe if not started by the self extracting ZIP file.
You should see a new icon in your system tray.
Right click on the icon and select "introduction".

SystemTray.jpg

A browser window will appear with the introductory information.
Follow the instructions in the introduction.

The relative root URL of the BarracudaDrive web file manager is /drive/?cmd=ls. The last part of the URL, starting with "?", is a command informing the server to list the directory content and not look for index.html, which is the default. The relative URL /drive/ is the root of the hard drive where BarracudaDrive is executing, for example, if you start BarracudaDrive somewhere on your C: drive, the relative URL /drive/ will point to your C:\ directory.

You must login before you can use the web file manager. The password must be given to you by the administrator. If you are the administrator and this is the first time you use BarracudaDrive, make sure you change the default password for the administrator account. Login as: user 'admin' with password 'admin', and change the password.

If you are the administrator, you may want to restrict hard drive access to the administrator account, which by default can upload files, create directories, and delete any resource on your hard drive. You may also want to add user accounts for your friends and set up permission rules for the added users. Please right click the Barracuda icon in the system tray and select "settings".

You will be presented with a number of links after you login. The first link takes you to the root of the file system on the drive where BarracudaDrive is running. If you are not the administrator, you may not have access rights to the root of the file system. The administrator must provide you with a link to where you can start.

The web file manager lists the resources in the selected directory. The list contains three columns: the name of the resource, the size of the resource, and the time in UTC. The resource is downloaded if you click on the name.

A quick way to add the files instead of using the program is start the program, make a new DIR on the c drive, name it and close it. The copy the files to that DIR and then open Bar. up and and refresh it if it needs refreshed and there you go. U just saved a lot of time. Now I gotta figure out the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom