Bad_pool_caller

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3dimindtr1cks

In Runtime
Hey guys I recently have recieved a blue screen when trying to reinstall windows XP Home from scratch. I was talking to a buddy of mine and he took me through these steps to make sure it wasnt a memory problem. On the microsoft support page it says this BAD_POOL_CALLER is due to memory failur or a device driver failure. The thing is I have ran MemTest on this machine and there is NO failure or errors in my memory stick. However for the past two months i have been running two chips which one was PC133 and one was PC100.....Me and my friend figured this out so i just now kept the original stick that came with the machine in. I tried to install windows but it STILL DOES NOT WORK. I get the same BAD_POOL_CALLER error message. what i dont understand is how my machine ran the two separate RAM chips together for 2 months. Could this have caused my machine to screw up. Let me know if any of you have ideas. Once again the memory chips tested out PERFECT no errors and since i discovered they are different chips i took the PC 100 out that did NOT come with computer.

you can run two diff speeds on ram, its just that the higher ram will run at the lower ram speeds. Obviously the lower ram cant go higher so the hgher ram has to go lower....what happens if you just run 1 stick?

try setting your bios to the fail safe defaults. maybe the timing of the rams got changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom