Bad_Memory_Pool and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Windows 7 x64 on new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack

In Runtime
I built a computer for a client. The things it's doing is really weird, I've never seen it before.

First, they installed Adobe Flash to play Facebook games. They are using FIREFOX. Firefox 3.6.16 I believe the latest version kept consistently crashing. I told them to run "CCleaner" which I had installed for them. They ran that, and as soon as it loaded up it crashed. This also happened when I was downloading Chrome to see if we could get their Facebook games to work on there. I couldn't even install Chrome because of the blue screen popping up.

After it crashed, the screen appear garbled up for a few seconds which then proceeded to give a blue screen. The two times I received blue screen it came up with:
BAD_MEMORY_POOL and
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

I removed a memory stick, reseated them, and have done everything. I ran MEMTEST and everything is OK there. It seems to me like anytime it gets put under a certain amount of load it crashes.

I'm thinking it's a driver issue. I'm in the process right now of reinstalling the drivers.

This is all the parts I purchased for them:
ASUS M4A88T-M/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G USB 3.0
AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz Socket AM3 95W
COOLER MASTER ELITE 335 RC-335-KKN1-GP
SAMSUNG DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S223L
Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Rosewill RCR-IC001 40-in-1 USB 2.0 3.5" Internal Card Reader w/ USB Port / Extra Silver Face Plate

The computer overall boots up nearly instantly. Xpress Gate works great.

The weird part was when they log into facebook, Firefox gave a weird error mentioning about the certificate not being right or something of that sort, but it wasn't your average "non matching" certificate error. It was something else weird.

The only programs installed are CCleaner, Spybot, AVG Antivirus, Disk Defraggler, and I think that's it.

I'm reinstalling Win 7 now after I run a few more tests - just thought I get some ideas back from you. I don't feel that it's a hardware issue. The computer is very fast and nearly instant on everything.

Make sure the memory is in the right slots for dual channel. The manual for my mobo was wrong and had it backwards... once I found out and tried it in the proper slots I found out that the memory controller in my CPU was bad.

Something is definitely up if Firefox is pulling up about a certificate with Facebook. I was just on there and had no notifications or anything and I use FF.

Do you have the error codes from the BSODs?

Make sure the memory is in the right slots for dual channel. The manual for my mobo was wrong and had it backwards... once I found out and tried it in the proper slots I found out that the memory controller in my CPU was bad.

Something is definitely up if Firefox is pulling up about a certificate with Facebook. I was just on there and had no notifications or anything and I use FF.

Do you have the error codes from the BSODs?

I'm posting from this computer right now. I cleared the event logs but this is a few weird things I found:
Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards.

DETAIL -
2 user registry handles leaked from \Registry\User\S-1-5-21-2814592188-3105058855-2528339160-1002:
Process 720 (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\winlogon.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2814592188-3105058855-2528339160-1002
Process 2760 (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\SysWOW64\wbem\WmiPrvSE.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2814592188-3105058855-2528339160-1002\Control Panel\International

----------------------------------------

The content source <csc://{S-1-5-21-2814592188-3105058855-2528339160-1001}/> cannot be accessed.

Context: Application, SystemIndex Catalog

Details:
(HRESULT : 0x80004005) (0x80004005)

The program firefox.exe version 1.9.2.3989 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: f70
Start Time: 01cb996f81ef172c
Termination Time: 14
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
Report Id: 38643577-0563-11e0-9744-20cf30c1e4aa

Another thing when I went to go view the plugins on Firefox, it was giving me a error saying it couldn't connect or something of that sort. So I couldn't even access the plugin manager.... but it all works for me and I've stress tested it with PerformanceTester x64 and it has yet to crash or slow down. Heck, even the 3D frame rate is pretty good.

BTW: I swapped it as soon as I got home (the memory). They are color coded but I switched over to the second set.. and ran it with 1 chip..

Ran another memory test and some more performance tests. Everything runs great.

Reinstall Windows 7. Windows 7 does not pick up any of the motherboards hardware: video, lan, usb, anything. I find this odd since it's a "Windows 7 Ready" board.

Alright, hopefully someone has a tip here! From what I understand, they went on Facebook again and tried to play Yoville (or whatever) and it says "Disconnected" then the computer crashes to which I assume a BSOD.

And yet, I left the game open for several hours at my house. Is it possible that their router or something isn't compatible with Windows 7? I'm really at a loss here, I'm going Sunday to try and fix it.

I highly doubt that the router isnt compatible. It has nothing to do with the OS at all. Without BSoD codes we cant really help. If you can get the minidump files we could analyze them and try to assist more. But for now the only thing we have to go on is a bad memory controller.

I know, I know. I'm hoping it's something simple.. I will post up the memory dumps. I have to go to his house to get the computer.

So far I've ran every performance test, memtest86 the memory for around 8 hours (no errors)

The main problem is I can't get it to crash at my house. I browsed the net with it, I did EVERYTHING. I did performance tests that pushed it to the limits. I ran graphic tests, memory tests, formatted and all that. As soon as it gets to his house.. wham, crash.

Now I am not sure if it's a actual blue screen that he's getting now. He said:
"It said ''sorry, disconnected.'' After awhile of trying, the back screen appeared with white writing and said it will start windows normally in ?? seconds"

I assume it's a blue screen he got. Where are the dump files located? I can write a quick batch/C# program to upload his dmp files to my server.

Here's a question! Should a Windows 7 certified motherboard install all the drivers itself? I can understand the USB3 not being picked up, but EVERYTHING on the board is absent. I have to use the motherboard disk to install LAN drivers. The rest I download and from then on it's fine. I've never had a board that did that before.

A Windows 7 Certified board isnt necessary. But there should be Win7 Drivers available for either 32 Bit or 64 Bit depending on what is installed. If they are not then you will have issues cause the OS cant communicate with the board properly.

The drivers are there, and they installed fine. It's just weird I had to manually install USB and LAN drivers - every Asus board I ever owned ( a lot).. I never had to do that. It's ironic that it's a "Windows 7 Certified" board.. sounds like a marketing gimmick.

It is a marketing gimmick. But you have to remember that Windows comes with a pre-defined set of drivers that it uses during the install. There is no way in the world that Windows could possibly include drivers for every device out there. The install media would be a hard drive itself. Not to mention Win7 is already over a year old. So there are newer items out than the OS. So yes there are going to be devices out there that you will have to install drivers for manually. Cause there is no way in any world or any universe that Windows could possibly include every driver. There are far to many pieces of hardware out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom