Bad Pc Health!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
Not sure what my problem is. maybe my system just cannot support all I am demanding of it. I am using the shuttle pc listed in my sig. I am using the latest version of firefox, and the latest version of yahoo messenger. however, when switching tabs, my messenger windows will take priority over my firefox. when loading a page, sometimes messenger will take over my firefox then. when I get a new message *i.e. from someone who I'm not talking to atm* it'll nearly freeze my computer. I posted earlier about how it takes me a half hour or longer just to reply to one message cuz my freakin firefox freezes up so much! I know some of you may point to yahoo messenger then... has anyone had any problems with the beta version 9? is it just my pos computer? I've run and run scans. submitted hjt files, currently running more pc health programs than I've ever had going *total of 9 a/v and a/s programs* *refer to this post for a full list... my first post there http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/osiris-spyware-scanner-download-beta-1-a-173851/ * and I'm just at a loss. it's not just when yahoo messenger is on though. my computer will randomly get this slow. I run scans and run scans, I check and check. I clean out my taskmanager every so often. I'm about to defrag... for the third time this week! someone please help, I'm about to go ballistic on my computer!

in my sig I have listed my latest build that I'm working on. I'm stuck with the shuttle until then. is it then my computer that's limiting my ability to have multiple tabs open and a single messenger service? and forget running an av and doing ANYTHING else at the same time. also, I get script warnings out of firefox all the time. do I just need maybe a fresh install of firefox and my messenger, or, once again, is it my computer? *note, not in my sig. no gfx card! running onboard, so total my ram for 240, not 256*

use...
Vista...and IE <-- best browser (I say it to get people mad at me, and yes I use it) :D

...but seriously, shouldn't your celeron with that ram behave like that anyway?

It could very well be a lack of memory, or bad memory. It really is hard to tell at this until you run tests on what part of the computer is to blame. If you are going to be functioning from the "shuttle" for a relatively long period of time, I would upgrade the memory by 512MB. Also, is it running too hot?

LMAO!!!! vista on this would be pzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... dude, seriously. no vista, I don't think it's even possible. I only have a 150watt psu, no expansion capable *due to form factor and case design*... so it IS my hardware slowing me down? and yes, i've heard IE got an upperhand recently, thinking about *shudders to admit it* downloading it. again, my hardware is my problem?

i don't think so, i don't have any software to test my temps snake

Vista can not even install on a machine with 256MB of RAM. You know that Tofu. Why suggest something that is not even possible.

In all honesty it could be the PSU. 150W is nto that much. Have you tried online power calculators and made sure you are not over taxing the system?

I would say format.

Mak, thank you. Journey Systems indicated that I am running @ approximately 196 wattage, with my 150 watt psu. a reformat may also be in the works. hopefully I can... shoot. how would I deal with a backup without the aid of a dvd-rw drive? and yeah, about vista again....would the system being underpowered really cause my issues? I'm thinking about exchanging my total ram units *I took them out and voila! 2x128 sticks!!!* which should lower my power usage, but not by much. I hate buying value computers! *on the plus side, it did only cost me $50*

Yes. A underpowered system can cause all sorts of havoc. Just liek a PSU that is going can do it as well.

My best suggestion. Find a replacement PSU for the shuttle. A 220 should be sufficent to be able to run everything you have till you can get your PC running. If you got the correct power you wouldnt have to worry about formatting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom