bad harddrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trugoy

Baseband Member
aight here goes...
i have a western digital 40gb..it was formatted with windows xp..now for some reason after installing some camera software the sytem went buggy so i decided to reformat and clean it up,it was due anyway..the problem i'm running into is once setup begins i get a messege windows cannot verify C:..i click enter and install continues,but soon after some files will not copy like "dbgeng.dll" i skip but this contiues to happen with various files...now i went back and installed windows 98 and it went through perfectly..what gives? is the harddrive bad..i also removed ram as well as the c-mos battery for a while,i even swith the jumper to other settings..i also get a messege there might not be enough memory to install..but like i said i already had windows xp on before this happen...but it still hangs when copy'n some files.. thanks in advance

id make sure the cd drive is clean, the cd is clean, or use a windows 98 oem bootdisk to fdisk and format then install

thanks for responding...i didn't try cleaning the drive but i did do the fdisk when i installed win 98...and i did clean the disk., i even used a backup copy that i have just to be sure it wasn't the disk..i'll try cleaning the drive but like i said win 98 went on with no problems..i used the cd's for that not a floppy bootdisk..but ill give that a try and post back thanks again...turned out to be i needed to change the cd rom it'self thanks alls well now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom