Backups and Backup Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibbo-black-black

Beta member
Hi,

Apologies if someone has already posted this question, but I struggled to find anything on the subject.

I want to do a differential backup of my most valuable data, but I want the backup to look exactly like it does in windows explorer, keeping the same directory structure. All of the backup software I have tried creates a compressed or image file of the data which i can't then use.

The reason for this is I have 2 sites that are not networked, but the data is shared across the 2. So a backup drive will be taken from one site to the other every other day and some of the pertinent data (but not all) copied back onto the data store at each site.

Does anyone know of any software that does this, keeping the directory structure and files uncompressed and intact.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Gibbo

how are you moving your backed up data to the secondary site ? Sym BE 10 can do a pretty good job with their incrementals and File redirections. the user interface is pretty easy to grasp, and all the tasks (backup and data replication) can be scheduled with a set it and forget it mind set.... Its not too expensive since you're only talking a couple of servers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom