Backup software for windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratsrcute

Beta member
Hello,

I'm looking for backup software for Windows that operates pretty "transparently" or "openly".. meaning it doesn't compress or archive files in a proprietary format, but just either puts them in folders, or uses ordinary zip files. Here's my full criteria

- Archive selected folders (as opposed to the entire disk)

- Do incremental as well as full backups. In the case of incremental backups, allow me to inspect what files have been backed up, and examine each version that got backed up in a series of incremental backups.

- No proprietary formats. Just plain folders or zip files.

- Don't be painfully slow. I'm talking about Nero's OEM version of their backup software, which for some reason takes 15 minutes to inspect my disk for changed files during an incremental backup.

And hopefully free or shareware.

Thanks,
Mike

ACSOMP Backup Maker. It is made in Germany, cheap, reliable, and is a GREAT piece of software. I've been using it for about a year now at work. It is not free, but is definately worth the cheap price they charge.

You can select folders or entire drives, incremental or full, it will just zip the files and gives you options for amount of compression you want, it will burn the backup files to cd/dvd, ftp clients, locally or through your network.

THe only thing is speed, i don't know how long it takes. I backup 35 gig worth of data, and it takes about an hour to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom