backup and restor center

Status
Not open for further replies.

pianoplayer

Baseband Member
so i want to restore my comp to factory settings but be able to restore my pics and music and what not
so im using the back up feature right now and backing up all those files to E:
since my computer has a built in section of the hard drive just for restoring to factory settings, vs. a bunch of discs, will it still wipe the hard drive and eliminate any errors/viruses/worms ? also, will I be able to recover my pictures and music and things
these are very important , especially the music
but im worried that because i will be wiping everything when i restore, it will wipe out the backup files that im creating...? am I stupid?

Depeding on your manufacturer there is no way to answer this with a definate yes or no. Each company does their Recovery Partitions different and how they restore data is done differently. You will have to go to the Dell, HP, Compaq or which ever site to find out from them how the Recovery Partition works. I know my Dell would overwrite everything and not restore the backup data that i just did.

This happen to me only once. As i had made a seperate backup to another location.

alright thanks
i was just told by an hp customer service rep that i should disconnect the drive with my backed up files on it before i perform a system recovery
which mean si ened to lug it to the garage , and figure out how to disconnect the **** drive just to do a reformat
do you think this is necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom