backup/file synchronization

Status
Not open for further replies.

wulffg

Beta member
Okay, after having a hard drive crash and nearly losing my family photos (I used knoppix to recover my data), I've come to the realization that backups are very important. Here is my question:

What is the best backup/file synchronization software available for windows?

Here is the situation/environment:

My father and brother and I all try to keep copies of each others' photos, and other odds and ends. With Himachi, I've discovered a simple way to network the three of us together. What I would like is a backup solution that allows us to synchronize files (we all have the same pics, and pics any of us add get duplicated to the other two machines), works transparently and automatically in the background (I can use Netlimiter to conserve bandwidth, or could schedule with the software), and can recover from a lost connection without user intervention (I can't convince them to leave their computers on 24/7).

So, does my dream software exist? Thanks.

thank you all for your recommendations. I had been using synchback se, but maybe I've not played with the options enough to see if it'll do what I need. I'll also give powerdesk a try. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom