Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

locki433

In Runtime
I am installing a Raptor is my computer tonight, and when I install windows and office on it, I was wanting to make a backup or image or something of it, if I can. I was hoping I could use this next time I reinstall, just put it back, instead of actually installing the OS and office again. Thanks in advance for any help

you could make a ghost image of that machine when everythings all done but you would need another computer for that. Also ghosting is greate for setting up everything on _one_ machine. but ghosting on many can be a little frusterating! but if its just your main machine it might be fine. Norton ghost is out there, linux machines have kickstart. Im sure theres other opensource choices out there too :)

You know, I always use True Image to create backup of 2 HDDs, due to highest level compression it takes not much space, so I keep this image on my PC, preferably in secured (provide by Acronis) and another copy on DVD. But for sure I also make bootable CD, in case of completely crash my system I could restore it without boot Windows. I think it would be better for you to try. Buy the way it's cheaper than Ghost, but doesn't worse, even better. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom