Backing up 'vast' amounts of music

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeRuler99

purveyor of fine cheeses
As of this moment my music collection is just over 10GB, I know - quite pitiful in some cases. However, I would like to back this up to some DVDs so that if anything went wrong, I wouldn't have to spend all week copying my CDs back onto my computer. Instead I could just copy one or two DVDs onto my hard drive.

The question is; how do I go about doing this? The thing is, once it is backed up, it will still continue to grow. How does one back up a constantly growing alphabetically organised music collection? :confused:

I use an external HD to back up music (& everything else). Got a folder for every letter, just drop the album in & it alphabetizes it self

I agree and this is what I do. I put my MOST favorite items onto both my external HD AND DVD's. Because DVD's are so cheap now I usually back up my entire music collection monthly to DVD and I am ALWAYS backing up to my external HD about every week or so I update it.

I would just get a 40gb external HDD.

If you don't mind wasting DVD-r's, than you could back up all your music every month or so.

(I thought having 2.2gb's of music from iTunes was too much to cope with, lol.)

I create a new playlist, and make a waiting list of things that need to be burned.

EricB said:
get dvd-rw's, format them and adjust on the fly.

I agree. I was going to mention this exact thing, but I see that it was already posted.:D

Do you already have a DVD-Burner?

Yes I do have a DVD burner and I think that is what I must do, as I can't really justify purchasing a external hard drive. Thanks for the help :)

make sure you do the UDF format option with it (it take maybe 20-30 minutes to do it). that will make it act like a 4.7 gig floppy hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom