Backing up old e-mails

Status
Not open for further replies.

realmike15

Baseband Member
I tried this a while ago, using Outlook Express and it ended up horribly, I wasn't able to import the old e-mails I had backed up.

I'm reformating my drive, to clean up the clutter a bit, but I'd like to transfer all my old e-mails (in and out box) onto outlook express again after I reformat. It's really not that many either, so I'd like to keep them, especially since many of them are online order history and such.

When I try to export them, I get an error:

"An error occured while initializing MAPI"

Whats up with the error? Also can anyone explain to me a nice easy way to back up all my old e-mails. I have a secondary drive, so I just throw it on there when I'm ready to format.

I dont use the export featuer in outlook express I simply backup the data folder.. run a search for DBX? I think is what the personal folders are called in OE?

Ok so I found the .dbx files and backed them up, my computer is reformated (like a new computer every time :D). One problem though, do I use the Import feature to import them into Outlook.

I copied the whole indenities folder with all the .dbx files over to the new one on my hard-drive, but it's not being recognized by outlook, so do I have to import them?

You have the E-Mail account setup already? Yea try importing them and see what it does. I thought I had just setup the account and then copied the data files to the profile folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom