background of desktop and no icons..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
I have a friend computer she said the icons would disappear she did a factory reformat and it fixed it so i went over there to put spyware and anti virus on it... and be aware she was having this problem where she would turn off her computer and turn it on and everything is good but then she would turn it off on a different day and turn it on and the problem with no icons and can only see desktop would happen... ofcourse she could go in safe mode and everything would work normally. i went over there after she did factory reformat and everything was working fine. has anyone came across this problem?

but a week after the factory restore she says the problem came back where she can't see her icons agains...

What OS is she running?

If in 7, did you/she check this?
hideicons.png

What OS is she running?

If in 7, did you/she check this?
hideicons.png

Yeah, i had it running perfectly when i left, even before i got there she was having the problem.. then she did a factory restore right before i got there and everything was fine.. shes been havin this problem for a awhile. like it will work great for a week then she turns it off and back on and the icons and everything are gone and you can't see the mouse or anything.. alt+ctl+del doesnt work.. i was just gonna tell her to do a repair.. but im trying to find out why she has to keep doing a restore everytime because of the icons not comin up.

Shes running Win 7 64 bit.

What kinda software does she have running? I would suggest you send her to the Spyware Asylum. There is no repair option in Win7 so there has to be something going on. Either something that she is doing or some software she is installing. Either that or she has an infection.

What kinda software does she have running? I would suggest you send her to the Spyware Asylum. There is no repair option in Win7 so there has to be something going on. Either something that she is doing or some software she is installing. Either that or she has an infection.

She doesn't, she just browses the internet.. but i did malwarebytes and a virus scan and found nothing.. it was running fast when i left with no problems. this has happened then it would come back she says.. but the last time it wouldnt so she did factory reformat and it fixed the problem.. i went over there a week ago to install anti virus and to protect her PC and now just today she said it happened again.

Is the system activated? Has the hard drive been checked for issues using chkdsk /r /f? Has Windows been checked for file integrity using sfc /scannow?

its fully activated and havnt did a hijack log yet because she lives a hour away... but she messaged me this morning saying she booted it up and all the icons are there and everything was fine then she restarted it and it did the same thing.. which seems weird... 15 years around computers ive never seen this problem happen then go and come back like that just seems strange..

Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Performance Information and Tools\Advanced Tools and see if there are any errors that Window's knows about but not alerting you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom