Azureus NAT Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeelliso

Baseband Member
Hello,

I'm sure this kind of question gets posted quite often, but I can't seem to get anything that helps my situation.

I'm running Azureus on Windows XP Pro. I have cable internet and use a D-Link WBR-1310 wireless router, a D-Link DWL-G710 wireless range extender, and Comodo Firewall.

The firewall is set on application based level and Azureus is set to be allowed both on UDP and TCP. I have also set the router to port-forward both UDP and TCP ports to my IP, which is static (not set by DHCP). I don't have any problems connecting to the internet in any other ways.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I keep getting an NAT error. If I've overlooked something obvious, please enlighten me.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Did you set up a Static IP?

Something I dug up earlier today.
Update the java engine.

Too many connections, been asked and answered numerous times.
http://infinite-source.de/az/az-calc.html

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Billion/Bipac-5102/Azureus.htm

The old having to setup a Static IP problem again.

http://www.portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm

Get the TCP/IP patch for SP2 and make sure that shite SP2 firewall is "switched" off.

Let the WIKI sticky be your spirit guide.

What to do if your network connection keeps dying

Azureus (and BitTorrent clients in general) place a great deal of stress on the networking system - particularly network card drivers, and router/modem firmware - which can cause them (and/or the OS) to crash or lock up under load. I would suggest looking to see if there are newer drivers/firmware available for your hardware, or replace the buggy things completely.

However, there are a few things you can try to help alleviate the problem:

* Limit the Maximum number of connections per torrent in Azureus > Tools > Options > Transfer to 40 or less, as well as limit Maximum number of connections globally to 100 or less.
* Reduce the Max simultaneous outbound connection attempts rate to 1 or 2 in Azureus > Tools > Options > Connection.

Have you disabled the XP firewall?
Yes, the XP firewall was disabled as recommended by the Comodo Firewall.

Did you set up a Static IP?
Yes I set up the static IP myself. I specified the IP address, the Gateway address, the netmask (obviously), and a primary and secondary DSN.

Does the connection sort of overload? and shutdown?
I'm not sure what you mean? I don't think it ever works correctly in the first place. I've gotten the NAT error from the get-go. Apparently the ports are not being forwarded correctly, but I can't figure out why.

I'll try opening up some more ports around the specified port per EricB's comment.

By the way, my download speed varies from 30k to 5k, mostly staying on the low end of this range.

Yep be sure to allow this on the windows firewall as well..and any other firewalls you are using. I used the default 50,000 port and it worked out for me. Also when you port foward on the router be sure you set the port triggering settings as well. Are you getting the error on the firewall/NAT test in the program itself? sometimes torrents themselves have problems, but if you get the error on the actual test then something is wrong :)

Are you getting the error on the firewall/NAT test in the program itself?
Yes the error is when Azureus does the test, not on any torrents themeselves. I already have Azureus set to "allow" with the Comodo firewall (it is application based instead of port based) and the Windows firewall is disabled.

For now I would disable all software based firewalls simply to easily eliminate some factors. I just checked my fowarding settings and I have the service port range set to 50000-50000 and then the port triggering config set to trigger port range:50000-50000 and incoming port range:50000-50000.

Obviously have Azureus set to use port 50000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom