Is avast! Hide my *** Pro VPN a good VPN? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-01-2017, 11:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 5
Default Is avast! Hide my *** Pro VPN a good VPN?

Is avast! Hide my *** Pro VPN a good mask? I got referred to by a friend to get one, the the source is offering a great deal $28 for a year and unlimited devices. Wondering if thatís a good deal.
__________________

judotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

Į\_(ツ)_/Į
 
Trotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The South
Posts: 31,307
Default Re: Is avast! Hide my *** Pro VPN a good VPN?

Dunno. It is cheaper than what I use, Cryptostorm for $4/month.
__________________

__________________


My Rig: SABLE
Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / ASUS GeForce GTX 960 GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB
2x4GB DDR3 1600 - 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win10 Ent 64-bit - Mionix Naos 7000 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard


R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 5
Default Re: Is avast! Hide my *** Pro VPN a good VPN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotter View Post
Dunno. It is cheaper than what I use, Cryptostorm for $4/month.


Yea itís really cheap, I read a lot about it and so far great reviews. I think I will buy it. Or wait to see other comment on here
judotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Residential Loon
 
Spud1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: England, UK
Posts: 2,090
Default Re: Is avast! Hide my *** Pro VPN a good VPN?

I'm all most positive I read hide my *** was logging traffic because they got took down with a DCMA Law suite.

I read that a while ago when I was researching about torrents and protecting my self.

Check this site out.

https://torrentfreak.com/

It will have everything about VPNs and such.
Spud1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 5
Default Re: Is avast! Hide my *** Pro VPN a good VPN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud1200 View Post
I'm all most positive I read hide my *** was logging traffic because they got took down with a DCMA Law suite.



I read that a while ago when I was researching about torrents and protecting my self.



Check this site out.



https://torrentfreak.com/



It will have everything about VPNs and such.


Oh cool nice info, so I ended up purchasing Hide my *** from www.bluejadeservices.com

Everything checks out ... am ghost mode now
judotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
The Residential Loon
 
Spud1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: England, UK
Posts: 2,090
Default Re: Is avast! Hide my *** Pro VPN a good VPN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by judotong View Post
Everything checks out ... am ghost mode now
Maybe .. Have you selected any options available to dissable IP Ver. 6 & the likes of DNS Leaks. What DNS are you using. Your ISPs or are you using something like Googles or your VPN Providers.

What about personal information available online about you. Do you have a FB account. How did you pay for your VPN Sub, Credit Card, Debit Card, or an Anonoymus Gift Card. Can the Payment be traced back too you.

What encryption are you using? Also what level are you running your VPN on on the OSI model. Are you running it on the 7th Application level or do you ave a VPN Router for something like OpenVPN.

What OS are you using? Windows. (Please don't say windows) .. How strong are your passwords. Are you using any custom Kernals; if you are using a Linux OS.

And also, how often do you destroy the DATA on you terminal. Also is your HDD encrypted.

That above; is just the basics.
Spud1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 5
Default Re: Is avast! Hide my *** Pro VPN a good VPN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud1200 View Post
Maybe .. Have you selected any options available to dissable IP Ver. 6 & the likes of DNS Leaks. What DNS are you using. Your ISPs or are you using something like Googles or your VPN Providers.

What about personal information available online about you. Do you have a FB account. How did you pay for your VPN Sub, Credit Card, Debit Card, or an Anonoymus Gift Card. Can the Payment be traced back too you.

What encryption are you using? Also what level are you running your VPN on on the OSI model. Are you running it on the 7th Application level or do you ave a VPN Router for something like OpenVPN.

What OS are you using? Windows. (Please don't say windows) .. How strong are your passwords. Are you using any custom Kernals; if you are using a Linux OS.

And also, how often do you destroy the DATA on you terminal. Also is your HDD encrypted.

That above; is just the basics.


Jaw drop.... can I connect with you? I want to learn. How can we connect?
judotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 01:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
The Residential Loon
 
Spud1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: England, UK
Posts: 2,090
Default Re: Is avast! Hide my *** Pro VPN a good VPN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by judotong View Post
Jaw drop.... can I connect with you? I want to learn. How can we connect?
I've been offline for a few days sorry about that. I've just booted the PC back up after taking some time out.


We can talk on this thread. Are you running FF or Microsoft's own browser. What OS are you running and if you are running Windows, would you want too switch too Linux. Something like mint.

What application are you running, is it OpenVPN or an App based download from you VPN Provider. Do you have any spare cash too by a OpenVPN Router. Even something cheapish in order to route all your home connections threw it.
Spud1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 4
Default Re: Is avast! Hide my *** Pro VPN a good VPN?

i recommend PIA(Private Internet Access) its so cheap i dont even know exactly as i dont notice when it takes money out each month and they have cheaper deals for yearly etc its really fast super secure and doesnt log ANYTHING
__________________

ZachH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hide My IP/Hide My Mac? Any Good? Natalie105 Microsoft Windows and Software 3 10-31-2009 05:23 PM
Avast! 4.8+ Pro objecterror Viruses, Spyware and Malware 0 10-05-2008 01:08 PM
Avast! Two Questions on Free vs. Pro GoodNews101 Viruses, Spyware and Malware 3 04-17-2008 04:17 AM
Avast Any Good? quest1on Viruses, Spyware and Malware 4 07-09-2006 02:23 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.