Autostart-problem with win xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

beregon

Solid State Member
When i start my computer, only like half of the autostartprograms show up, not including any of the programs in the 'autostart' folder, which doesnt start at all. Besides that daemon tools refuse to start, though i do not know if this has anything to do with the autostart-issue, but they both appeared at the same time.

in mscinfog i have on normal, it loads all objects etc when i start.

someone care to help?

thanks

yes, i did 2 days ago, including 2 spyware scans with 2 different apps, i found no viruses, some spywares, but i deleted them. And still, i have the same problem.

what is really wierd is that all those programs that appear not to be running, is in fact running, at least according to the ctrl+alt+del menu. they just dont appear together with the rest of the programs in the bottom right of the screen.

hi beregon.
In msconfig,make sure you have these 'programs' ticked to go on start up.goto the 'start up' section in msconfig.
also,check you dont have icons hidden.goto the icon display in bottom right hand of screen,right click-properties.make sure 'hide inactive icons' is not ticked.goto customise next,where a list will be displayed.check in here for said programs.make sure that you dont have the 'always hide' selected,and the 'always show' is selected.
hope this helps!

according to what you just said, nothing is wrong.. the icons are not hidden or anything like that, the boxes infront of the apps in msconfig are all checked.
thanks anyway :)

beregon said:
yes, i did 2 days ago, including 2 spyware scans with 2 different apps, i found no viruses, some spywares, but i deleted them. And still, i have the same problem.

what is really wierd is that all those programs that appear not to be running, is in fact running, at least according to the ctrl+alt+del menu. they just dont appear together with the rest of the programs in the bottom right of the screen.

try spy sweeper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom