autoplay on windows XP - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2003, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default autoplay on windows XP

I lost the autoplay of the CD-rom and DVD player, I have tryed changing them from My computer and the different Cd-roms for the different choises, ej Music CD, DVDs etc with the different programs that will do the autoplay or even the opposit choise of giving me the choise- of prompting me- none of them seem to work. Any ideas of how to solve this ?

Old 03-02-2003, 10:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Go to MY COMPUTER . Right click the CD ROM , then go to Properties.Go to the "AUTO PLAY" tab.Either choose "Use this program everytime.." or "Prompt me..." .Then just hit ok and your done.Do the same for the other.

Old 03-03-2003, 05:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I already had done that- I posted the question to Microsoft Windoes XP and they sent me the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article #330135 which solved the problem very effectibly.
Thank you very much any way.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via Yahoo to A_Zip1

Microsoft Saves The Day {very unusual}

Old 03-06-2003, 03:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

yeh i had the same problem ! stupid autorun now itz ok. fankx areaonezero.

Old 09-21-2003, 05:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via Yahoo to daveppeters

I have a similar problem - my autoplay function is not working (on CD-RW and DVD). In fact, it is not even an option - the autoplay tab is gone!! I have tried deleting/reinstalling the drives in Device Manager, I have tried to update the drivers, and I have tried the things referenced in the M$ Knowledge Base article mentioned above. Everything is set correctly. The other thing is that in Windows Explorer, my drives used to show the specific name (Toshiba DVD, Generic CRD-1700BP), now it just says CD Drive d: and CD Drive e:.

Any Other Ideas?!?
IWill XP-333 / 384MB PC2100 DDR / AMD T-Bird 1.33GHz (o/c to 1.40 until I get a better CPU cooler!) / VisionTek GeForce4 MX440 / SB Live! X-Gamer 5.1 / Maxtor 20GB 7200 RPM HD / Toshiba 8X DVD / Sanyo 40/12/40X CD-RW / Win XP Home
Old 09-22-2003, 12:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Monster Techie

hey lance! nice name..just like mine!

Closed Thread