Automatic Device Driver Checking Software? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2007, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Question Automatic Device Driver Checking Software?

Does anyone know of software that will automatically check to make sure you are using the most up to date device drivers? Or even better yet, make sure you device drivers are compatible?

I was looking at the following site but it costs $29.99 so if I can't find anything free/better/cheaper i will go with this one:

Old 02-01-2007, 04:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

the reason i am even trying to do this is because I installed a new Motherboard, CPU, Heatsink, HDD, and Power Supply, and I have reinstalled windows twice but I cannot get the OS stable.

Randomly during bootup, or once in windows the entire computer just locks up completely. The mouse and keyboard stop responding, the HD light doenst flicker, just nothing. The PC freezes completely, this happens completely randomly sometime during boot, or right after boot or every 5 to 20 minutes. I have reinstalled the OS twice, installed SP2, installed all relevant drivers but I cant get the OS stable.

I have tried removing 1 RAM chip, putting the RAM in a different slot still nothing. I have removed both the video card and sound card and CDrom and used on board video but it still freezes. When I reboot in SafeMode with Networking the computer is perfectly fine. I dont notice the CPU getting warmer then 42c so I dont think its heat either. I just cant get the system stable.

So I am going to try and update all drivers in Safe Mode(since the computer won't run log enough normally to install drivers) and then if that doesnt fix my problem I am just buying a new prebuilt PC.

Coolmax ATX 550w PS
Masscool Intel Socket 775 Copper Core CPU Fan
Seagate 160GB Serial ATA w/NCQ 7200/8MB/SATA-3G
Mach Speed P4MSD-800 Socket 775 Motherboard
Intel Pentium D 830 3.0gGHz DT 800FSB Socket 775
ATI Radeon 9800pro 256mb AGP 8x
1.5gb PC3200 DDR (1x1gb 1x 512gb)
Sony DVDRw

Old 02-01-2007, 05:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Send a message via Yahoo to talldude123

Requires free registration, but has the most drivers.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

post your error code when you get the bsod
The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)
Closed Thread