Automatic Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Death Row said:
i don't know of any automatic things but my brother once set up his pc so that when you called a number the pc would turn on and im guessing you could use that

He has wake on modem set up to a line, so when he called that number, the modem got a signal and booted the computer.

If not then a timer device that operates a realy would be cool.. could bridge that over you power switch.
that was my first idea but the device needs the power from the wall to operate :(

oh man, you guys are bunch of idiots.. come on, there is nothing such as timer... god dam it, lamps are different than computers..

nuke said:
oh man, you guys are bunch of idiots.. come on, there is nothing such as timer... god dam it, lamps are different than computers..

Wait, WHAT?! All a timer do is turn on power or turn off power, via a switch. They dont do anything else. Do you know how a lamp works? You have to apply power to it. You know how a computer works? You have to apply power to it. Tell me how that differs. Now what I'm trying to convey, which is what you should have stated as well, is the fact that Smart ATX power supply's work witha momentary switch. You press it, and it completes the circuit until you let it go or let it reset. You could plug the computer into a wall timer, and, if the psu was not a smart one, it would work. Want me to draw you a picture? If you could replace the switch in a timer with a MOMENTARY switch, which is ENTIRELY possible, then you would be copasetic.

Be a little smarter the next tiem you want to be an asshole.

Nuke, growup. There are timers that can do many things. They only need a little power. The concepts given above are very good. When I first started looking at this post I was thinking a programmable robotic arm with a wait command for X seconds. But then there was the post about doing something with the switch, and I was back in Physics class thinking about RUBE GOLDBERG projects. Looking into programmable switches now. See if I can find something that will do what you need...

no, but you can make anything you want. Just because someone couldn't fly, didn't stop the wright brothers now did it.
Think outside the box for a change.

That does what thing? Are you again trying to come in here and say you are oh so smart? YOU CANT EVEN TYPE OR SPELL CORRECTLY! And you are calling US dumb? We didnt call you dumb for not knowing the answer, we called you dumb because you are dumb! Piss off, if you dont have soemthing good to say than dont say it anything at all. It's a shame that I have to resort to saying that.

We are still trying to figure a way for this to work, with an electric timer.

see now, here we go again, if you make that kind of computer everyone makes, that person will be rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom