Automated Emailer Program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boothg599

Beta member
Not sure if there is already a thread on this, but here goes:

We need to find an automated emailer program. Preferably at little to no cost, it needs to be able to do the following:

1. Run as a service, so that no user has to be logged on.
2. Attach the contents of a given folder and email those out as an attachment
3. Send those emails out on a daily basis.

Any help is very much appreciated

What's the end goal here - what you are asking could be borderline illegal, so we need to know the details of the situation. It's shady to me when you say the user shouldn't be logged in.

Illegal if i installed something on your PC without your knowledge and i will have the ability to pull any file off your PC that I wanted to because the system would email it to me - yes that is illegal.

This is why i asked for details. It's shady if you need to do something on a system without that system logged in (could be legit, but could also be because he doesn't want the user to know he's doing it). Which is why i ask.

Could also be illegal in the fact that it can be used to be installed on a very cheap low end VPS, sending out spam emails with a virus attached, or just junk data.

There should be no reason to use such a program, you can easily write a script that can be executed by task manager to send such an email out to people.

Nothing illegal. We are an IT consulting firm. We host email servers and provide tech support as well as a medical imaging solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom