Automated backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

klingoncdr

Beta member
I have a project I'm not sure how to procede with. I work for a courthouse that is responsible for maintaing 6 facilities including our own. These facilities are spread throughout the eastern half of the state. I need to be able to perform backups on the docket clerk's computers without ANY participation on their part. The ideal solution would be to use WakeOnLan to turn the systems on at some point after hours then use task scheduler to run the backups.

Here's the issue. I can get WOL to work, but many of these systems require a password to log into windows for task scheduler to run the backup. How do I get around the password issue so I don't have to rely on the end users to leave their systems on and logged in after hours so task scheduler can run?

you can use ntbackup.exe. start > programs > accessories > system tools > backup

it opens in wizard mode, click the link for advanced mode. You can set a schedule by clicking the schedule tab. It will prompt you for a user//pass and will use it each time it runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom