autochk program not found..

Status
Not open for further replies.

resqtech

Baseband Member
I am having a problem with Windows XP in which the machine will begin to load up and after the Windows XP logo screen it has a blue screen that states autochk program not found - skipping autocheck and then reboots over and over again. I have tried changing one of the registry keys as someone else suggested and that didn't work. I have also copied mountmngr.sys and autochck.exe from an XP installation CD into the appropriate folders without any success. Any ideas?:confused:

It will not let me boot into safe mode without the blue screen of death. I have been working with Reimage http://www.reminage.comto see if they could correct this as the problem didn't happen until I ran their analysis and fix. It had other issues of course, such as an immediate log out after logging in, but the the autochk didn't happen until after the Reimage took place. I am thinking registry key somewhere but other than controlset I don't know. I have copied the mountmngr and autochk from the XP CD but that didn't work either. No floppy drive, so PTedit will not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom