Autocheck msg on vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

chara33

Daemon Poster
Upon start up of Vista, I get a msg of "lsdelete program not found- skipping autocheck" How can I get rid of this msg from coming up?

thx

Vista comes with Windows Defender which is an Ad-Aware program. You can also try Spybot Search & Destroy (which is what I use).

I agree with Alvin kinda sounds like Spyware / Adware.

Guys, I get this msg about 15 secs before I get to my desktop so I am not sure it is spyware / adaware. Any other ideas?

thx

I agree with Alvin kinda sounds like Spyware / Adware.

Guys, I get this msg about 15 secs before I get to my desktop so I am not sure it is spyware / adaware. Any other ideas?

thx

...Do you have Ad-Aware installed?

If so, try the following: Solved: Solved: lsdelete program not found - skipping AUTOCHECK - Tech Support Guy Forums, another guide here: lsdelete program not found - skipping AUTOCHECK: How to Solve - Windows Vista Forums .

If you don't have Ad-Aware installed, or the previous guide did not fix the problem, post back.

There's some confusion here about 'adware' and 'ad-aware'.

My original post referred to the program 'Ad-aware' by Lavasoft, not 'adware' as a type of malicious program. Some users experiencing the same problem have found that the program 'Ad-Aware' was causing the problem. Please re-read and post back.

Alvin, My bad. I did what it said in the link you provided and it worked. Thx much. Appreciate it.

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom