Auto-Forwarding in Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcschris

Solid State Member
On Windows Small Business Server 2003 Active Directory there are settings under a user profile that allow you to forward all emails to another mailbox if you wanted to. This can be helpful as an easy/cheap way to set up notifications for when emails are received in certain mailboxes.

I have a problem where emails from two mailboxes are automatically being forwarded to someone, but they arenÂ’t using the method that I mentioned above. What it looks like is if someone was looking at these mailboxes and actually forwarding the messages, or that there is a rule set up on the original mailboxÂ’s outlook to forward all emails. This actually isnÂ’t possible because these emails/inboxes do not belong to anybody and are just used to collect incoming data files.

So what the problem really boils down to is that I canÂ’t delete this old employeeÂ’s email address because the forwarding address (for the incoming data files) would get a non-deliverable message every time it tried to forward one of these messages. Does anyone know of a way to set up an email forwarding rule on a mailbox/email address that doesnÂ’t have an outlook client, and that isnÂ’t done with the auto-forward under delivery options in the user profile?

Thanks,

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom